The BIS DIST is an industry-specific application that increases your return on investment by improving efficiency, helping gain tighter control, and reducing paper wasting.
The BIS Wholesale Distribution System (DIST) application is specifically designed for high volume Wholesale Distributors. It saves time in operations using software capabilities specifically tailored to wholesale distribution.
The DIST offers a Strong Replenishment System based on multiple forecasting methodologies with automated purchase recommendations. The scalable application fulfils all business functions of a multi-location wholesale distributor/light manufacturer, including Order Processing, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Accounting and Financial functions, like preparing financial statements. It also comprises of Point of Sales, Light Manufacturing, and Kitting.
Benefits of DIST Application:
- The DIST Customer Service application is designed specifically to improve customer service operations by allowing staff to manoeuvre from one area to another with minimal keystrokes. The key module allows you to see specific customer, vendor, and item details.
- Information like outstanding invoices, pricing, available stock, and past orders can be accessed and retrieved for online-waiting customers in seconds.
- A few clicks can take your sales team from customer-centric data to inventory specific data, allowing them to answer any questions of your customers and prospects.
- BIS clients have access to all the critical data for management to run the business – sales, profit margins, backlog, inventory status, high movers / dead stock, cash position, inventory movement, and more.
- BIS continues enhancing the DIST with many modern distribution tools as proposed by industry experts. Specific examples include:
- User interactive order release to the warehouse based on existing stock availability
- Parameter-based stock reordering
- Non-stocked merchandise
- Bar coding
- Automated cycle counting via handheld or tablets
- Vendor and customer performance reporting
- Management reporting and more
- The highly integrated product is specifically developed for small to medium sized firms who want the type of functionality offered by major providers but at a significantly lesser cost with short term Returns on Investments.
Functions of BIS DIST:
- Browser-based application allows you to operate the applications from anywhere in the world. Client/server technology can also be applied within your organization.
- The app interacts with data generated from smartphones and/or tablets along with providing data displays to the field service personnel who are interested in obtaining backend data.
- DIST utilizes latest relational database and mobile technologies to accomplish day to day tasks.
- The customer service module enables two-way conversations with customers and have all the information they need at their fingertips, including previous orders and how much was paid for the ordered items, outstanding invoices, and so much more. Historical data is stored for many years, using the Oracle database.
- Documents are generated to PDF or Excel for easier analysis and auto-emailed, saving cost and cash flow.
- Integrates all your locations and companies at one place for streamlined internal processing.
- Highest-level of security help permit access to the users selectively based on their job profiles and roles & responsibilities – BIS has developed a secured access to government entities, including those using Criminal Justice Database.
- Monitors Merchandise In-Transit separately for foreign products with long-shipping times. Track various add-on costs separately to determine the full landed cost. This function is particularly helpful when there are work stoppages at ports around the world.
- Tracks all the product that you have sent out to Outside Processors that add value to the product – stock of the product as sent out is reduced and stock that has been processed and returned from the outside processor is added to stock.
- Forecasts sales and gives purchase recommendations. The module automatically generates editable purchase orders.
- Handles Consignment/memo orders, quotes and future orders.
- Closed Loop system from Purchasing, Receiving, Sales to Cash Receipts, providing the highest level of control; nothing slips through the cracks; includes audit trails.
- Real time Business Activity monitoring with e-mail notifications for call to action; even for mobile users via smartphones and tablets.
- Print and track inventory via Bar Codes or Radio Frequency ID tags.
- Allows Extensive Inventory Transfers tracking between two or more locations.
- Help preview reports on screen so that you can print hard-copies only when it is required, allowing you to contribute to a Greener Environment via Technology.
- Integrate app with email system, UPS, and FedEx shipping systems.
- Manage Warehouse using wireless handheld units to track cartons, right from shipping to receiving to storing.
DIST Order Processing Module
The order processing module lets you take control of your day-to-day business operations, such as organizing and following orders throughout the sales cycle, from placement to shipment to invoicing to back-ordering. The module primarily allows you to:
Track open orders using different metrics like customers, item, salesperson, and order number
Print invoices and packing slips promptly to keep paperwork flowing – Additional documents such a Proforma Invoices and Order Acknowledgements can be printed directly from the Order Screen to satisfy even your international customers.
Perform sales analysis – generate extensive data of market information that gets updated with every shipment automatically so that you can manage your records by date, customer, region, item, and salesperson, however and whenever you wish.
DIST Purchase Module
The Purchase Module complements order processing and inventory control efforts, minimizing the buying, stock keeping, and reselling cycle gap. The module performs the following functions to help you learn crucial stock information at the right time and place for accepting orders:
- Determining the inventory requirements of the company.
- Redirecting focus on low-stock conditions.
- Facilitating fast and accurate order placement via autogenerated purchase orders for reviewing and editing in accordance with a parameter-based sales forecast/replenishment recommendation model.
- Tracking open requisitions in real-time.
- Flagging issues like overdue stock
- Updating receipts to on-hand inventory.
- Contributing to the cost database to access budgeting and pricing decisions.
- Setting up buyers’ maximum buys to reduce the number of purchase requisitions needed to be overviewed by upper management.